Monday, March 27, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 51

 


Good Morning!  I hope you all had an enjoyable week.  Ours was a bit on the gloomy side, wet, windy and rainy with a little snow thrown in for good measure.  The first day of spring was last week, but I couldn't really tell, LOL.  I do have some tulips popping up through the ground though.  I'm hopeful that sunshine and warmer weather isn't too far off.  I really, really, really need some warm weather.

 

It was so nice to get rid of all the winter sludge & debris
The very next day it was all covered in snow again

In spite of the weather I was able to get outside between storms and do some work on my latest project.  Stick around this week and I'll bet you will figure out what I've been working on.  I'm not going to lie though, sunshine and a little warmer temperatures outside would definitely make it more pleasant.  I wind burned my lips the other day, of all things, and that was definitely no fun.  They even swelled up a bit, gave Angeline Jolie a run for her money, I did. Ha!  I also got some leaves and yard debris cleaned up, not enough though, and cleaned my driveway.  It really needed it.

 

I made this little batch of pasta to use up some items in the fridge & pantry

Most of the week I was stuck inside so I did a few little projects around the house and guess what?  Yeah, I started decluttering again.  I couldn't help myself.  I think I might be addicted to it now!  Ha,ha, ha.

 


While I was working on stuff around the house I binge watched Daisy Jones & The Six on Amazon Prime.  Loved it!  I started a free trial of Prime, not sure if I will keep it.  I might.  The shipping times are so much better if you have Prime.  And I do like access to their music.  I still have three weeks to decide.

 

My massive grocery haul last week

It turned out to be a busier week than my usual.  I ran some errands, visited with some friends, went out to dinner with some friends, wrote a letter to a relative, did some work outside and in the garage as well as inside the house, knocked a few items off my "To Do" list, did my usual household chores, did some decluttering, sorting and organizing, took care of my animals, made some plans, worked on my BIG project a little bit and even checked the boxes on some goals I had set for myself.  It was a very productive week!

 


Let me know what has been keeping you busy lately and if you are experiencing cabin fever.  Are you as ready to get outside, breathe fresh air and soak up some sun as much as I am?

 

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I've sent a few more dozen items out the door! I'm with you, declutter joy leads to more declutter....and joy! Yea for both of us!

    Happy Monday ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely addicted to decluttering. Love it. Lately I've been getting ready for a couple of upcoming trips (a college tour/visit with the teens & a trip to Dubai to see my inlaws/husband's family). Both have required quite a bit of planning, although very different!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.