Monday, April 17, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 54

  


Hello!  Oh my goodness it has been a busy last couple of weeks for me.  Good thing I don’t have one of those pesky jobs to try and fit into my schedule.  This past week I had a few appointments, ran errands, caught up with friends, had friends over for dinner, worked outside in the yard and garage, did a little work on Laverne plus I had my regular chores and laundry to attend to.  And!  I found some more stuff to put on Facebook Marketplace.  I also set out a very full recycling bin at the curb for collection.  I have now cleared out more than half of what I had in my garage and my yard is looking great after the long winter.  I couldn’t be happier about it.

 

The finished stairway trim continues to make me smile

I am still flying high from having all of the “punch list” items completed around the house.  I must admit it does feel strange having all of my projects around the house finished.  I might have to come up with something new to do around here, but for now I’m just going to settle in and enjoy it.  My focus now is going to shift y attention over to Laverne.  I’ve been doing some “moving in” and organizing.  I’ll give you all a full tour once I’m done, but I’m quite pleased with my progress thus far.  I’m trying to be really mindful of what I’m putting in the motorhome so I don’t fill her up with a bunch of crap I won’t need or use.

 


I’ve also been ticking items off the motorhome shopping list.  This has been super fun and definitely a long time in coming.  I was able to pick up important items like the additive for the black tank, a new fire extinguisher, a set of leveling blocks and the clips to hold the burners tight on the stove so they don’t rattle while you are driving down the road.  Fun things like a new camp stove toaster plus I ordered an electric mini toaster and a mini waffle iron off of eBay that I can hardly wait to arrive and to try them out.  I had no idea there was such a thing as a mini toaster.  I picked up extra one pound propane cylinders for the camp stove because I do enjoy cooking outside whenever possible and a new BBQ lighter for said camp stove.

 

Thursday morning - Seriously?

My good friends came over and helped me fix the wiper washer fluid pump on Laverne so I can now spray the windshield whenever I need to.  It had apparently seized up and then locked up the relay switch in the process, but after a new pump and some troubleshooting it now works like it should.  I also ordered new marker clearance lights for the front of her last week too as the ones on her have become brittle over time and the covers now fall off.  Once they arrive my friends will be back to help me install them as they are pretty high up.  I am so grateful for good friends, especially ones that want to help me work on Laverne.

 

Easter dinner eaten in Laverne

That about covers it for now.  I hope you all had a joyous week and warmer spring weather.  Have a great day and be well.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have accomplished alot this week. So proud your friends helped you with some of the projects. Wont be long, until your ready to take Laverne out on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just need the weather to cooperate. It keeps snowing here.

      Delete
  2. Oh, bless your heart. Praying for pretty weather for you soon. It is *84 here today, but dropping back into *50's Thursday. Dread that. 😆
    [] I'm in Ms.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally we are in the upper 60s to lower 70s this time of year. Not snow!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.