Monday, May 22, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 59

 


Hello, hello!  Even with more daylight hours this month seems like it is flying by so quickly, does it seem that way to you too?  I think, for me, it is because I’ve been rather busy with a variety of tasks, small and large, so a lot of my time has been well occupied.  I’m super happy with what I’ve accomplished so far and I’m excited to work on some other things I’ve got planned as well.  I absolutely love this time of year.

 


It was a nice week to work indoors as well as outside.  Our week began with clouds, wind and a little bit of rain, but was just lovely the remainder of the time.  I tended to my garden, planted some seeds – cucumbers, dill, zucchini & chives.  I puttered about in the yard quite a bit pulling weeds and I planted some more flowers while making plans to add a new flowerbed to my backyard next to the chicken coop.  I’m pretty excited about that.  I added three more paving stones in front of the door to the chicken coop now that the ground is softer from all the moisture we’ve had and raked up the rest of the backyard in front of the raised beds. The fruit trees got their second spraying now that fruit is beginning to show.  Fingers crossed we can get on top of the moth larvae problem that has plagued us for a while.

 


Indoors I completed one project I’ve been working on the past couple of weeks and will be sharing more about that on Wednesday.  Also, after giving away my girls captains beds I purchased a new platform bed frame for the upstairs guest room.  I was able to put the bed back together and rearranged the furniture as that room will be undergoing some new and fun changes.  Be sure to stick around to see what I end up doing in there.

 


The old bathroom door got a fresh coat of white paint and after curing for about twenty four hours I installed it in the downstairs bedroom.  Now the closet has a “new” door and I’m pretty happy about that because this closet is now home to my long term food storage.  Yay!

 

Cheeseburgers & potato salad for Mother's Day

That pretty much covers it for last week.  Just a lot of little changes and improvements that are making my house feel more and more like a home than it already was.  Fabulous!  What has been keeping you busy lately?

 

2 comments:

  1. Little Penpen : you are a busy bee. I think time is flying by so quickly, also. Your Mothers Day food look’s delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It had been a while since we'd done burgers.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.