Friday, November 3, 2023

Mini Appliances

 


I have a certain affinity for all things mini and appliances are no exception, especially now that I’m all on my own.  They are energy efficient and the perfect size for preparing a meal for one or two people.  Plus, they are really cute.

 


My most often used mini is my 1.6 quart slow cooker.  I’ve had it for several years, but in the past two years it has been my main go-to appliance since I retired.  I purchased it originally to take with us to use while traveling and for the RV, but now it is on my kitchen counter every week heating up soups or making smaller versions of my favorite slow cooking meals.

 


Another mini appliance that is often used is my egg cooker.  I purchased it as a consolation prize when I got out of the hospital in 2021 and I’m not entirely sure why that was, to be honest.  I love it though.  It hard cooks up to seven eggs perfectly with just a tiny bit of water, takes very little time and is super easy to use.  It also comes with two additional pieces for making a mini omelet or a couple poached eggs.

 


Just last week I treated myself to a 7” mini electric skillet and it is adorable.  I had one way back in my single days. inherited from my great grandmother.  I loved that little thing but it ended up getting purged after I got married because I wasn’t using it anymore.  Later on I came across one in a thrift store and picked it up so my girls could “play” with it when they started learning to cook.  They didn’t end up using it very often so it too was purged when we thought we were moving once.

 


I use my larger electric skillet quite a bit now, but there have been quite a few times when I thought it was too big for what I might be cooking and a mini one would be better.  I’ve used the new mini one a couple of times already and I’m sure I’ll be using it a lot as time goes on, especially for cooking breakfast meals such as eggs and sausage or a single hot dog or hamburger patty.  It is also great for reheating some leftovers.

 


I’ve already decided that once my little waffle maker gives up on me I’ll likely replace it with one of those mini ones simply because I think they are super cute.  Both of my daughters have one and they are perfect for dorm use.  They have really enjoyed them.  I think I would too.  I have quite a lot of fun cooking my mini meals and now that I have mini appliances it is even more fun.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love my Dash mini appliances! I have the griddle, which is just so perfect for cooking one egg in the morning. We use ours daily. I also have the mini waffle iron which is great for making Keto chaffles (and regular waffles as well).

    I have always wanted an electric skillet. My mom used one all the time. If you don't have gas, they're so great for keeping an even cooking temperature.

    Curious about your egg cooker--are the eggs easy to peel? Does it avoid that green sulfur ring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make Keto waffles too. You can do a lot with those mini appliances. Regarding the egg cooker - Yes & yes! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.