Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Embracing My Autonomy

 


I am living my best life right now.  And I’m doing it on my own terms.  I find joy in the everyday.  Small things that warm my heart and make me smile.  I love my home, my yard, my kitties and my chickens, even that fluffy little bunny that got left behind.  I enjoy time spent with my friends and time alone with myself.  I walk.  A lot.

 


My choices are mine, my decisions are for me.  I clean my house, do my laundry, feed my animals, take care of my truck, take care of my yard, I pay my bills long before they are due.  I go grocery shopping every once in a while and I prepare myself delicious meals and often I invite others to join me.  Sometimes I bake brownies.  Sometimes I drink wine.  Sometimes I drink martinis.

 


I have a little part time job.  I work for the city.  I work at the senior center and the community center.  I go to work because I want to.  I’ve met a lot of wonderful people and they brighten my days.  My supervisor knows I’m there to have a good time.  I won’t do anything that I find to be stressful.  As soon as this job isn’t fun anymore I will move on, but right now I can’t imagine that day ever happening.  I have thanked my supervisor for hiring me and I tell her I am very happy to be there.  She tells me it is reciprocal.

 


I know there is a lot of ugliness in this world.  The human race is often not very nice to one another.  I care, but not too much.  I just do whatever I can to make my world as pleasant and lovely as I can.  I only do what I want to do.  I am living my best life.  Right now.

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.