Monday, October 21, 2024

Meal Prepping From The Pantry #6

 


Sometimes I just need a day spent in my kitchen being creative so I set aside this past Saturday as my day to do just that.  I really wanted to do some baking because it has been quite a while since I’ve done some marathon baking and I had a list of items I wanted to bake and put up in the freezer.  With the holidays approaching I want lots of good stuff on hand to serve to guests and share with loved ones.

 



To begin I started some whole wheat bread dough in my bread machine and while that was doing its thing I pared some apples and put together three small apple crisps.  I set those aside and mixed up pumpkin muffin batter which I divided in half to make plain muffins and topped them with leftover streusel from making the crisps and then added some raisins to the rest of the batter to make a dozen pumpkin raisin muffins.

 



When the bread dough was done I shaped it into two loaves to rise.  Then I started up some more dough to make a batch of dinner rolls to have on hand to go with all of the delicious soups I am planning to make in the coming months.  Once the bread had risen I preheated the oven and began to rotate everything through oven finishing up with two pans of dinner rolls.

 



While everything was baking I placed a huge bone in chicken breast half into my medium slow cooker and let that cook until it was done.  I removed the bones and skin and shredded the chicken, added a block of cream cheese, the tail end of a bottle of cilantro lime salsa I had in the freezer and opened a new jar to add a bit more.  I let that go in the slow cooker while I cleaned up the kitchen and packaged the breads and got them into the freezer.

 



I made a large batch of rice, putting some of it into a container for the freezer and using the rest to go with the crack chicken I had made in the slow cooker.  It was the perfect way to end the day and fill me up.

 



The next day, Sunday, I put on a pot of Thai Curry soup in my slow cooker and let that go all day.  With yummy soup, dinner rolls, crack chicken and rice on hand I had plenty of good meals to see me through the majority of the week ahead.  Not to mention, also a delicious pumpkin muffin to go with my morning coffee.

 

10 comments:

  1. Yum - I love that we are entering crockpot season. I have some chicken drums going in mine right now, but I look forward to soup and muffins, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your house smelled wonderful! Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to spend days like that in my kitchen too. Everything looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day!

    Can you share the Thai Curry soup recipe? That sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so delicious. I love marathon kitchen days especially this time of year when I make lots of soups, casseroles and bread. Would you please share your Thai Curry soup recipe? :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.