Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Journaling For Fun

 


Journaling is a great way to tap into our creative side.  I've already mentioned how journaling can be good for our mental health, but it is also a lot of fun.  It is really easy too and when we tap into our creative side it feels good, which is good for our mental health and that brings us full circle.

 


I've been journaling for a while now and those of us that journal do so for a variety of reasons.  Some do it to track their days, their travels and vacations, budgets and finances, goals, bible studies, as a health and fitness log, you name it.  You can journal about whatever you want.  I've personally done daily journaling, a household journal, a recipe journal, a Christmas journal and a gratitude journal and now I want to expand even further.  I made a travel journal that is completely empty and I think it shouldn't be that way.  I've also decided to incorporate journaling into my regular dayplanner by adding in some monthly journal pages to write about or scrapbook the month, sort of as a review I can look back at later on.  I'm only doing it for fun and that's the point.  Fun!

 


My journals are pretty simple.  My daily journal is a one I made using a college rule spiral notebook.  I decorated the cover and since I like to doodle I add those to my pages with colored gel pens., sometimes I use stickers.  Often I add in quotes or scriptures that inspire me or write down positive affirmations.  I'm always impressed with people that do bullet journaling.  The artistry involved in bullet journaling is impressive all on its own.  I lack both the talent and the ability to invest the time required to do that type of journal, but I can certainly appreciate someone else doing it.

 


Journaling has been really good for me and I encourage anyone to give it a try.  It can be truly transforming in ways you would never have imagined.  For a long time I poo-pooed it thinking I wouldn't really get much out of it.  Turns out it I was wrong.  It has certainly surprised me.  And it is also a great way to incorporate Happy Mail too.

 

8 comments:

  1. I love it reminds me of Susan branch books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing what I call visual journals for over 20 years. It's like journaling how you're feeling or what you're thinking but with pictures, verses, poems, etc instead of just writing it all out. I also have been doing a minimalist bullet journal since 2016 and it works for me .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My journaling leans a little more minimalist too. And compact. I like to do it all in one. ;o)

      Delete
  3. I've heard about the Bible that you can journal in ... like the one above. I think it is pretty neat. I love seeing how people journal in it with art. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those are neat too. I do my bible journaling in my regular journal with all my other stuff.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.