Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Journaling For Travel

 


A few years ago I made a little travel binder to keep in my motorhome Laverne with the idea that perhaps I'd keep track of my travels or would jot down my thoughts while out on my adventures.  At the time I was new to journaling, in fact I wasn't really all that into it, but it seemed like a fun idea at the time.  Recently I took a look at that journal that had been sitting on the table collecting dust.  After wiping it off I thumbed through it and all the memories of not only putting it together, but the thoughts I had of using it flooded right back.  Journals are pretty powerful that way.

 

Goodies to journal with

You remember a lot of when you take a trip or go on vacation, but you also forget a lot of stuff too.  A journal is a great way to document your adventures and how you feel about the places you are seeing and those wonderful experiences that make our travels so special.  Even the not so stellar moments that can happen along the way are still memories to cherish and even laugh about later.

 

Fun pages for inspiration

A travel journal is a great place to tuck mementos like postcards, photos taken at various stops, a feather or a leaf, a pressed flower, whatever strikes you as special at the time.  At the end of a busy day you can take some time to write down your thoughts or document what you did.  Not only does it keep your memories safe but it clears your mind so you are ready for the next day.

 

A great place to document one's adventures

The best part about a journal like this is that you have it to look back on and reflect.  When you do all those memories, thoughts and feelings will flood right back and you'll get to revisit those wonderful experiences.  Our adventures seem to go by so quickly, but with a journal you get to extend them and enjoy them a bit longer.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like alot of fun. And will be so fun, when your back home, to look at all those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I'm looking forward to filling up some pages.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.