Monday, June 19, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 63

 


Hello, hello my friends.  I cannot believe another week has flown by already!  This week we will say goodbye to spring and it will officially be summer on Wednesday.  The daylight hours will slowly start to get shorter too as we head toward fall.  I often feel like time is getting away from me.  I spent a lifetime working my way toward Friday and now it feels like Friday comes so quickly each week.

 

Christmas die cuts - I have since used them all up and now I need to make more

Perhaps my week slipped by so quickly because I was having way too much fun.  I spent the majority of my week working on a HUGE project I’m hoping to complete by the end of summer.  I’ve already shared snippets of it with you all as I’ve been making fabric journal covers in my new sewing room/guestroom upstairs.  This week I’ve been working on things that go inside of those journal covers spending several hours each day working on certain pieces.  Progress is being made but it is slow going as is often the case with handcrafted items.

 

A nice sized pile of ephemera

I often took breaks to go outside and breathe fresh air and soak up some sunshine.  I visited with my chickens as I pulled weeds in the backyard.  The kitties joined me as I pulled weeds along the driveway.  I’m always amazed at how many weeds I can pull in just a fifteen minute session a couple times a week.  Typically though, I just pull a handful as I go out to the mailbox, feed the chickens or water the garden and flowerbeds.  That is usually enough for me to keep up on this task however, we’ve had a lot of rain this year so the weeds were flourishing.

 

Chef salads scream summertime to me

I had planned to go a few places, maybe take in a movie or go for a bike ride, but I was so focused on my crafting project that I pretty much just stayed home.  After so much busyness and activity over the last couple of months it did feel nice to just relax and stay home for a change.

 

I made these masterboards to use up my scraps


I had a couple friends pop by for a short visit which was nice.  They kindly ignored my mess in the dining room and we were able to get caught up on life in general and complain about our aches and pains.

 


My garden is doing so well this year I cannot believe it.  I am really glad I decided to plant one this year and I really appreciate the encouragement from some of you to keep trying.  Check back with me on Wednesday as I share my one month progress report.  I’m so proud of myself, I haven’t killed anything yet!

 

Potstickers made the menu last week

I hope you all enjoyed a fabulous and blessed week.  What has been keeping you busy?

 

2 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season. I’d love it if it lasted 6 months😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And just bypass winter altogether and get right onto spring!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.