Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Starting My Low Spend/No Spend Year!


Well, on January 1st I officially started my low spend/no spend year.  I am very blessed and fortunate that I don’t have to do this challenge, however I do love a good challenge and I think this is going to be a really good one.  I think it will not only be a great test of my resourcefulness, but also help me to really take the time to think about any purchases prior to making them.  I mean, after all the decluttering I did last year, I would sure hate to fill the house back up with a bunch of useless crap I do not need.

 


My goal with this challenge is to see how well I can do on certain minimal budgets and in doing so I will be able to free up some cash that perhaps I can use on something else entirely.  While I have a lot of ideas about what that something else could be I’ve yet to make any concrete decisions.  Whatever it is I will be putting a lot of thought into it, of course.  Hopefully the increase to our utility bills this year won’t eat it all up.

 


Is anyone else embarking on a low spend or no spend challenge in 2024?

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I am on another year of low spending. There is nothing we really need, I don't want to bring any more 'stuff' into the house and I just want to live as far below my means as possible to save as much money as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing a low-spend month for January, and then assessing. It may continue for February as well, or might morph into a "conscious spending" year - not low-spend because of the dollar amounts of some repairs and maintenance, and a trip for training that I have in the spring; but we'll make a concerted effort to not go hog wild and, of course, always look for the best options for what we need done.
    ~Melonie K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I am having an extra spending year, as we are starting construction on our retirement home. I am trying to offset that cost with being mindful of all my other expenses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conscious spending year for us, I have a large savings goal in mind. PattiC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, low spending challenge here too. We've had several costly things come up[central heating unit repairs, medical bills, tree cutting bills, etc]. I would like to recoup some of the savings to repay some of these.
    Best wishes on your
    Low spend.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.