Thursday, July 9, 2026

"You Have Arrived At Your Destination"

 


A couple weeks ago I received a comment to one of the posts I shared where basically the commenter was suggesting that what I had worked hard on needed to be completely redone.  I’d like to believe that this wasn’t meant to be rude or critical, but to a certain extent it could’ve been, hard to say.  Although I have a strict policy to only allow positive and kind comments I decided to go ahead and allow this one.  Because, again, I thought it quite possible it was coming from a good place.  More importantly, it confirmed something I had long suspected.

 


I’m doing really well.  Comments like that are a whole lot less about me and tell me far more about the person writing them.  Regardless of the intent behind it, I wasn’t reactive or hurt, I was reflective.  This comment didn’t bother me because I am rock solid.  I am happy and content with what I have and I don’t need more or something different to try to make me happy.  I don’t need the latest and greatest in order to feel content.  I’m already there.

 


If you’ve read my blogs for any length of time you’ve probably come to learn that I’ve never really been one who is motivated by material things.  Bigger, better, best is not my mantra.  My happiness and joy is not derived by having the latest and greatest.  I have no desire to purchase or acquire more things.  In fact, quite the opposite.  I don’t constantly need to have something new.  Good enough, is good enough.

 


I personally would never criticize someone’s choices or dare to suggest how someone should spend their money, but that’s just me.  I do know that there are a lot of people in this world that do that and they probably do it a lot.  Again, I think that speaks more of them than the person they are talking to.  I choose not to be one of those people.  And, I’m not.  In anyway.  And I love that about myself.

 


I am someone I can look in the mirror at each day and smile with confidence and a sense of peace about the person I’ve become.  I love who I am.  I’m also extremely happy with my current lifestyle and home.  Even more importantly, I’m really grateful that I’m not easily influenced or adversely affected by the way other people treat me.  I feel like I’ve been on a long journey with tons of bumpy roads to get to this point, but now I know the truth.  I’m good.  I have arrived.

 

12 comments:

  1. Yes, you have arrived. I've always lived my life, my way and it has worked well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a long time reader. I go back to your Boise days. I personally think you’re always going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So refreshing! And inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nanny Anny (in Canada)July 9, 2026 at 1:30 PM

    I agree with your philosophy of doing what works for you. I’ve recently moved to a small apartment and thought I’d downsized enough but as I spend more time here, I see that many things I brought with me are no longer serving me well enough to keep them. I am inspired by your blog and your reluctance to be pressured into following plans that are not yours. Kudos to you! Every bit of decluttering means freedom and I can actually sense my surroundings becoming more peaceful as I climate what has become visual clutter now. We must all travel our own journey and like you said in your blog title, we will each know when we have arrived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are all unique and different and I think we need to honor that.

      Delete
  5. Well said! I always look forward to reading your blog because I think you always have interesting things to say and I enjoy hearing about your day to day life. You be you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seemed like an odd comment. What haven't you done? I am very impressed with all that you've done and accomplished. Leaving that job was probably not easy and took courage of conviction. I, too, like reading your blog; it's similar to mine, day-to-day stuff, decluttering ( never ending), and just living. You have a positive attitude and really answer to yourself, which is all we can all hope for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. LOL. That's okay, we all think differently.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.