Monday, October 16, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 80

 


Hello!  We had a wonderfully warm weekend and beginning to our week.  I think it was our last hurrah of summertime before the true Fall weather settled in about midweek.  It has definitely been much cooler lately.  We were graced with a couple days of good rain last week which I really appreciated.  On Thursday the overnight low was in the high 30s so I’m now on frost watch until I pull the garden plants out and call it good.

 


Last week I harvested a lot of tomatoes, a banana pepper and four zucchinis, all of which I prepped and bagged for the freezer.  I’ve got quite the stash going on in there.

 


I didn’t do much grocery shopping last week as I didn’t need a lot.  After using my rewards points to save some money on a tank of fuel for my truck I popped into Fred Meyer and grabbed a half gallon of milk on sale for $1.29 and my FREE offer of a bottle of salad dressing.  I don’t use a lot of milk so half of it ended up in the freezer.

 


At the end of the week I stopped into Albertsons and picked up two digital coupon offers for a pound of vacuum sealed salmon fillets for $5.99 and four bags of frozen vegetables for $1.99 each.  The veggies filled up my bin in the deep freezer and the salmon is a nice extra to have in there as well.

 


After a super busy summer I had a lot of items on my quarterly checklist that I hadn’t completed or had only given a lick and a promise so this time around I’ve been motivated to do better and be more thorough.  I did all of the bedding related tasks and tackled a few tasks in both bathrooms and the living room throughout the week.   This week I want to get in the laundry room and clean under and behind the washer and dryer.  At this rate if I just keep plucking away bit by bit I should have it all done before the holidays.

 


Despite the cooler temperatures my house is still warm enough inside that I have yet to turn on any heat or use the fireplace.  I haven’t needed to plug in the electric blanket at night yet either, but I am wearing my winter pajamas to sleep in and my slippers during the day inside the house.  I find if I keep my feet warm then the rest of me will stay warm too.  The opposite is true in the summer and I will typically be barefoot inside the house.  I’m one of those that if I get too warm under the covers at night I will poke out a foot to cool down.  Anyone else that way?

 


It was just a busy, busy week with lots of tasks aimed at getting winter and holiday ready as well as some errands that needed to be run.  I hope you all had a nice week and I wish you all a blessed week ahead.  Are any of you thinking about the upcoming holidays yet?  Do you still have plants growing in your gardens?  What are you currently busy with?

 

2 comments:

  1. I too try to keep cool by exposing my feet to a small fan in the hot summer.
    barb

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.