Saturday, October 3, 2026

My Tireless Retirement - Week 235

 


This week was a quietly productive one for me.  First up was to go to Home Depot and do some “unshopping”.  I had a pile of storage items I realized I didn’t need so I wanted to get those out of the house and my money back.  But, the big reason to go was to make a big purchase.  I bought a new refrigerator.

 

This is the fanciest refrigerator I have ever owned 😍


When I moved into the new house the fridge in the kitchen was in bad shape.  I’m pretty sure it was in someone’s garage and the previous owner used it to replace the one he took with him.  I don’t know that for sure, but that’s my guess.  Especially as this one was scratched, dented and had a lot of dirt sitting on top of it, I suspect it sat in a garage or on a patio somewhere.  Inside it was surprisingly clean, but missing some of the shelves on the door.  The top freezer didn’t seal properly and it wasn’t long before I could tell it was struggling to keep things cool.  That being said, it did last long enough for me to research and figure out what exactly I wanted to replace it with and what I chose, to me anyway, is absolutely beautiful.  I am so happy with my new refrigerator which was delivered bright and early on Monday morning.

 


At Home Depot I also picked up a set of doorknobs with deadbolts for the front and back doors.  Replacing the locks was one of those things that was high on my list, but with everything else on my plate it took me over a month to get this done.  I was okay with waiting because the previous owner now lives in another state.  But still, it was something I felt I should do soon and with only one key I definitely wanted to get it done before I lost it.  I feel very safe here, but having new locks makes me feel even more secure.

 



I treated myself to another new appliance last week.  I purchased a new toaster oven, a size larger than my old one and it has the air fryer function.  I have to say I do love having an air fryer option.  I realized that I don’t want to heat up the big oven on my stove just to cook a small thing like a couple fish fillets, a corn dog or a small pan of cornbread muffins.  I needed something tailored more for the way I actually cook for myself now and this new appliance is perfect for that.  Surprisingly it wasn’t much more to purchase than just an air fryer.

 


Along with the projects I had the usual everyday tasks to keep me busy as well.  I did laundry, made a batch of chili in my cute little Crockpot, baked cornbread in the new toaster oven, among some other things, and kept things neat and tidy.  I love that every day I can keep house neat, clean and tidy in only a few minutes and the rest of the day is mine to do with as I choose.

 


When the ads changed on Wednesday I did check them out to see if there was anything to tempt me to drive into town.  It turned out there wasn’t anything so I was content to just stay home.  It had been steadily raining all day and night beginning Monday and I think the best part of rainy days is staying home with a cuddly kitty, a hot beverage and relaxing.  Doing only what one truly wants to do. So, that is what I chose to do.

 


Other than my cute little ghosts in my kitchen I had no Halloween décor with me so I had popped into Dollar Tree the previous week and selected two new items to decorate my porch.  I hung them up on Wednesday to welcome the month of October.  It is hard for me to believe it is already October.  The past three months have been quite the whirlwind for me.  I’ve really come a long way in such a short time.

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are settling in nicely. 😀 Janie

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.