Friday, October 9, 2026

No Longer Rushing



My go-go-go kind of got up and went.  I am no longer in a rush to do anything.  That mode of operation simply isn’t necessary for me anymore so I let it go.  Something happened when I decided to sell my house.  I immediately went into what I like to refer to as living in “free flow” mode.  And!  I don’t make To-Do lists anymore.  In fact, I tossed out my carefully prepared planner and just did what felt right at the time, which if you’ve been around long you know this is not at all how I operate, but I do now. 


I decluttered this! 😬

I didn’t make a single list the entire time I was preparing to move or while I was moving either.  And guess what?  It all worked out just fine.  I got things done and I didn’t miss anything.  I think I actually accomplished a whole lot more this way without feeling any overwhelm so my plan going forward was to keep at it and that is exactly what I continue to do.  As I look back over the past three months I am in awe at all that I have accomplished in such a short amount of time.  This “free flow” lifestyle is really working!

 


While I’m in “free flow” mode I find I no longer rush to do anything and that has really changed me in a very positive way.  My stress level is pretty much nil most of the time and if I do get anxious it is very mild compared to previously and doesn’t last very long.  My mood is more calm and I feel good.  I am also far more patient and understanding when things don’t go exactly to plan.  I don’t even mind standing in line at the post office when there is only one person at the counter.  How about that?

 


I still marvel at how much more I get done, how much easier and more enjoyable it is for me to complete my tasks and how good the results are when I’m done.  I don’t feel stressed or worn out as I work or when I’m done which definitely makes life much more enjoyable.  Also, if I don’t really feel like doing something one day, I don’t.  I let it sit and wait until I’m ready to tackle it and so far nothing bad has happened.  The world kept spinning and life went on as usual.  I love it!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.