Friday, October 28, 2022

This Month's Grocery Spending - October 2022

 


I didn't do a lot of grocery shopping this month because I didn't really need all that much.  I did, however stop into the Grocery Outlet store next to the theatre at the beginning of the month just to see what they had and found a few items, mainly sauces to make quick and easy meals with.

 

My Grocery Outlet haul

My next trip was to the Albertsons in my neighborhood for a few produce items on sale and an overpriced head of lettuce.  I picked up a quart of cream for my keto coffee while I was at it too and saved myself another trip later.

 

My first trip into Albertson's for fresh produce

My last shopping trip was back to the same Albertson's to pick up a few produce items I had digital coupons for and bone in chicken breasts on sale for 99¢ a pound.  They were completely out of the chicken (surprise, surprise) but I did happen across some fantastic markdown items instead.  I was pretty happy with that.

 

And shopping trip #2 😊

I also picked up a few items for my long term storage which included two jars of dry roasted peanuts on sale for 97¢ each, which I think would also make for nice Christmas gifts as well as four cans of deviled ham I got at Dollar Tree.  I really like this brand as I find it much less greasy than that other brand and I actually prefer the flavor of this one too.  If you like deviled ham you might want to check your Dollar Tree and see if you like it as well.  It is certainly more affordable.

 

I put these in my long term food storage but they would also be good as Christmas gifts

I did not make any nonfood purchases this month and my final tally came in at a whopping $47.55.  Not too shabby and that included quite a bit of meat as well as fresh produce for the month and even a handful of items for my long term food storage.  I have zero complaints about that despite the fact that rising grocery prices are nauseating at best.  Still, I'm able to find bargains and markdown items to keep it well within budget.

 

Not too shabby

I found these at Dollar Tree and I think they are really good

How are you doing with your grocery budget these days?  Are you able to find any good deals at the stores?

 

6 comments:

  1. Your monthly grocery posts are always my favorites. It's amazing how little you spend. You have the same sales as we do so I bought the chicken breasts and dry roasted peanuts twice. My safeway had the chicken tagged wrong. They tagged it for 99 cents and then the digital coupon came off so I was able to get 10 lbs for 49 cents a lb! I went back the next day and since they were still tagging it wrong I grabbed 2 more packs. My dd also bought some to can. I froze mine. Safeway is so freaking expensive, but they do run good sales once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safeway has chicken thighs on sale this week for 97 cents a pound, and hamburger for $2.47/lb. Not too shabby.
    I had a nice order coming from Amazon Warehouse, but some bright soul in the warehouse sent it to SILVERTHORNE, instead of SEDALIA, so the order got cancelled. Smart, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were able to find a few bargains this month. Hy-Vee had 5# bags of russet potatoes for 88¢. We bought 2 (one for dson & family). They also had Jack's frozen pizzas for $1.88 (limit 2) and canned beans for chili at 50¢ each. I got 4 each of Kidney and Chili beans.
    I noticed lettuce is horribly expensive now, so we are watching for iceberg sales. Romaine is out of the budget.
    We will be starting a pantry challenge in Nov. I have everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner. I just need to gather it together so I don't use it for another meal. If I find good sales around that time, I'll get them for next year.
    I also have most of what we'll want for Christmas Brunch.
    I'll just be watching produce and dairy sales for the next several weeks but I shouldn't have to get much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lettuce is crazy. I've got everything I need for the holidays in the pantry and freezer too. If I buy anything the rest of the year it will be a want item, definitely not a need. We are so blessed Kay. Great work!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.