Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Setting Up My New Kitchen

 


The kitchen was the room I was the most excited about.  It was also the last room I was able to setup because I was waiting on a lot of things before I could really get started.  Mostly I needed the U-box to be delivered as well as the adjustable shelves I had ordered for the cabinets.  And, the most exciting part was a kitchen island I had ordered (my birthday present to myself) that would give me a lot of additional prep space as well as some much needed storage.

 

A good sized pantry for a tiny house

I had purged quite a bit and sold it in my estate sale, but I also kept quite a bit too because, as many of you know, I love to work in my kitchen.  Cooking meals and baking is one of my favorite activities.  I have often said that feeding people is my love language.

 



One of the first things required was to order some adjustable shelving for the cabinets.  The shelves in my cabinets are adjustable but there weren’t enough of them so there was too much empty unused space to be efficient.  The extra shelving I ordered has allowed me to double the shelving and get all of my dishes and Pyrex put away and organized.

 

Perfect fit! 😍


For a very long time I have wanted a kitchen island, but in my old kitchen there was simply no way to make that work.  In my new kitchen, however, it was entirely possible.  I ordered one to compliment the style of my kitchen and it I absolutely love it.  It not only has given me an extra work surface, but also the storage I needed to house my collection of vintage cookbooks, food storage containers plus it stores my toaster.  It has three drawers in it too so one is a dedicated junk drawer, every kitchen needs one of those, the next one holds my measuring cups and spoons and the bottom holds my plastic freezer containers.  I find I use it a lot while working in the kitchen so it was a terrific investment.

 

All put together 😊


One of the selling features of this house for me was the size and layout of the kitchen.  It is larger than my old one and with the island offers me far more counter space than I have ever had.  The pantry is slightly smaller than my old one, but still very workable.  I may add additional shelving in the future for better storage, but for now I’m pretty happy with it.

 

The pantry holds plenty

This kitchen is also the newest style of kitchen I’ve ever owned.  The gas stove is nice to cook on and I’m slowly starting to bake in the oven.  This is the first time I’ve had a gas stove in my house, but I’ve always had them in my RVs and in my camp setup so they are not completely foreign to me.  In fact, when I’m cooking I often feel like I’m camping.

 

It's even Jack approved 😺

I’ve enjoyed setting up my new kitchen and will continue to enjoy reorganizing, switching things around and tweaking it as I settle in to my new cooking and baking routines.  Finding solid storage solutions and creating efficiency will be an ongoing project for a while, I’m sure.  I really do love this new kitchen and it truly is my favorite room in the house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.