Monday, September 28, 2026

This Month's 2026 Grocery Spending - August & September

 


As I had mentioned before I arrived at my new with a starter pantry of items I brought with me in the car so I wouldn’t have to start completely over from scratch.  That turned out to be a very wise decision.  I moved into the house with only one week left in August and a shopping list to round out what I already had and a $300 budget to do it with.

 


My first trip to the grocery store 🥫

My first order of business was to put in a nice sized Butcher Box order to fill my little freezer on top of the refrigerator.  I had brought some frozen meat with me, but having that Butcher Box order arrive made me very happy.  A trip to Wal-Mart allowed me to get most of the items on my list and I was back to making home cooked meals in no time.  Despite needing quite a few items I was happy to come in under my budget.


Not too bad! 😄


My 1st Wal-Mart delivery order turned out pretty well

The first week of September my goal was to continue cooking delicious meals and see if I could finish procuring the items I wanted which would allow me to have a fully stocked kitchen once again.  I attempted to shop in the stores and did fine at Safeway, but the local Wal-Mart is being remodeled and on the day I went there it was total chaos.  I ended up going home and placing a delivery order instead.  That worked out better than expected.

 

Safeway haul

My next trip was to Safeway because their ad had more of what I was looking to buy that week.  Each week I look at the local store ads and I check and compare to Wal-Mart prices.  This particular week Safeway was the winner!  I went in and only purchased sales items with the exception of a pound of lard.  Wal-Mart didn’t have it and Safeway did.  Now I can make pie crust and I’ve been wanting a really good quiche lately.

 

A little bit of extravagance 😎 


I took advantage of an online Swiffer sale and picked up two boxes of floor dusting cloths and a box of Mop & Glo floor wipes.  Now that I pretty much have all bare floors, except for the bedroom I thought these would be advantageous in helping me keep up the floors.  This purchase is kind of an extravagant treat for me and they should last a really long time too.

 

I got this chicken for $1.77 per pound at Safeway

This Wal-Mart delivery order finished the list!
I will be very happy when they are done remodeling

These past couple of months I wasn’t so great at taking pictures, but I was really good at getting items on sale or at the best possible price.  Now that I’m feeling like I’m back in the swing of things, and with fewer move-in tasks on my plate, I should be better at documenting my shopping trips next month.

 

One of you lovelies bought me coffees so I put it to very good use 😍

The items marked in yellow are for my new LTFS

Next month in October I plan to make my way to the “big city” and do a winter ready stock up so you won’t want to miss that.  My final totals for this month came in at $98.44.  I think I did really, really well.  What do you think?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.