Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Setting Up My New Bedroom

 


The next room that needed my attention was the bedroom.  This house has only one and it was showing a bit of wear and tear.  The walls needed the paint touched up, but more importantly the carpet needed to be replaced.  It was worn out and the previous owners dog had left its mark so getting that carpet pulled up and out of the house was a top priority for me.

 

Time to go!



I bought replacement carpet from Home Depot and after pulling up the carpet and pad I touched up the wall paint, there was a can left behind thankfully, and I repainted all of the base trim along the floor.  Then I installed new carpet and pad.

 

Nothing quite like fresh clean new carpet! 😍



A new bed frame ordered online was the next order of business followed by a brand new mattress, pillows and bedding.  A fresh new start deserves a new bed and bedding.  I chose to downsize to a full size bed from the queen size I used to have because it fit the room better and as it turns out, it is plenty of mattress space for me and my kitty, who prefers to sleep dead center in the middle.

 

New bedframe

New mattress & cover

I had packed the night stand I had redone and used to have in my guest room simply because I like it and it fits perfectly next to the bed.  The room is still a work in progress.  I will be working on storage solutions in the closet and more décor, but for now it is nice to have a clean and comfortable room to sleep in at night.  I will keep you apprised of future updates as they happen.

 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    I’m always so impressed with your ability to do the repairs and updates that you do. Your new room looks delightful! Were you able to bring all the things you were planning to use for your retirement home or did your tastes change?
    I hope you have a wonderful day.
    💜 Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially I had a different house in mind with two bedrooms, but I guess my tastes did change a bit because I realized I really just wanted a tiny home. So I did sell quite a bit, but I also kept some of the things I had. The style of my new home echoes the style of my old one or what I was trying to make my old house into.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.