A long held dream has finally been realized and I couldn’t be any happier about it. I have literally taken all of my hopes of a cabin in the woods, a change of location, condo life, tiny house dreams and mountain living, mashed them all together and came up with, what for me is, my perfect little home. My sweet tiny house in a quiet and lovely 55+ community in the mountains.
The front porch has quickly become a place to greet the day and enjoy my morning coffee. I’ve longed for a porch like this. I can already imagine strings of Christmas lights hung along the railing come December.
| Open kitchen w/ dining nook |
My humble abode is a modest 396 square feet and it is plenty of space for me. My favorite room in the house is the kitchen, of course, but to be perfectly honest I love the entire house. I am so thrilled with the home’s features and finishes. And despite its small size is has loads of storage space.
| Basic simple bathroom |
Not only do I have an abundance of indoor storage I also have a Tuff Shed in my backyard. It is perfect for my camp gear and tools. My tiny yard is exactly the size I need with only a neighbor on one side as it sits on a corner lot. It will be fun in the spring to acquire some planters, pots and flowers to dress things up.
| My bedroom |
| My backyard |
Right now I’m just taking my time, slowly putting things away and simply enjoying the process. Soon I’ll be adding some new furniture, but not a lot. I am going to be really intentional about what I choose with the idea that, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t need to fill it to capacity. I am furnishing this home for one person – Me. It is all about me now, don’t you know? Stay tuned! More to come! 😁



No comments:
Post a Comment
Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.