Tuesday, September 8, 2026

My New Home!

 


A long held dream has finally been realized and I couldn’t be any happier about it.  I have literally taken all of my hopes of a cabin in the woods, a change of location, condo life, tiny house dreams and mountain living, mashed them all together and came up with, what for me is, my perfect little home.  My sweet tiny house in a quiet and lovely 55+ community in the mountains.  




The front porch has quickly become a place to greet the day and enjoy my morning coffee.
  I’ve longed for a porch like this.  I can already imagine strings of Christmas lights hung along the railing come December.

 

Open kitchen w/ dining nook


My humble abode is a modest 396 square feet and it is plenty of space for me.  My favorite room in the house is the kitchen, of course, but to be perfectly honest I love the entire house.  I am so thrilled with the home’s features and finishes.  And despite its small size is has loads of storage space.

 

Basic simple bathroom


Not only do I have an abundance of indoor storage I also have a Tuff Shed in my backyard.  It is perfect for my camp gear and tools.  My tiny yard is exactly the size I need with only a neighbor on one side as it sits on a corner lot.  It will be fun in the spring to acquire some planters, pots and flowers to dress things up.

 

My bedroom

My backyard

Right now I’m just taking my time, slowly putting things away and simply enjoying the process.  Soon I’ll be adding some new furniture, but not a lot.  I am going to be really intentional about what I choose with the idea that, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t need to fill it to capacity.  I am furnishing this home for one person – Me.  It is all about me now, don’t you know?  Stay tuned!  More to come!  😁

 

 

24 comments:

  1. I have just caught up with you and think all of this is marvelous! As a recent widow myself, I've come to realize that my home is big for just me. However, it's 100% paid for and on family land, so I shall not be giving it up anytime soon.

    Still, I am thrilled to pieces for you! Congratulations on all of it. Isn't it wonderful how quitting your job ultimately led to this and so very quickly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is. And I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  2. I really love it - especially the green! Do you think you will still store/prep food? Seems like you've chosen a great life! Congratulations and it's wonderful to have your dream come true! - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie and yes I do have new plans for a new LTFS setup. I'll be sharing more about that very soon.

      Delete
  3. Your new place sounds great. I love the brown "wood" floors. They look great with the kitchen cabinets. Instead of waiting until Spring to do any planting, consider getting a pot and some bulbs to plant in it. That way in the Spring you're guaranteed to have something bright and cheerful to look forward to as soon as possible. Daffodils, tulips, hyacinth, bearded iris? Which is the most cheerful to you? Do chrysanthemums winter over where you are? If so then you could plant one in a pot now and it would bloom again next year. Then you'd have 2 pots of plantings to enjoy all the sooner! Best Wishes from Madge in Southern California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madge. I just potted up a mum this past weekend. :o)

      Delete
  4. New time of life all about you 😊 --- lovely! I know you will enjoy your new items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of heating source?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! That is a perfect space for one person. Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a cute place to start your new adventures!! Love the mountains in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m curious. Were you able to bring your long term storage foods/toiletries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no. I'll talk about that more as we go along. :)

      Delete
  9. What a fresh and lovely new home, and the size means lower maintenance too! And most importantly, it’s just for you!! A canvas for creating your glorious present and future! Yay for living your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I chose this home just for me and I love how new and fresh and bright it is. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet!

      Delete
  10. A perfect little home that has everything you need and a beautiful view! This couldn't have happened to a more deserving person and I'm so happy for you. How does Jack like his new home? :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing great! It is actually his house now and he is allowing me to live here. LOL

      Delete
  11. I am so happy for you! A long time dream come true! Did you have to leave your chickens? I am assuming your house is sold? What did you do with all your furniture, crafting and doll stuff. Are you closer to BFF? How did you go about finding the perfect place for you? Are you still planning n the same state. How big is the community you are in? Do you have to pay lot rent? Sorry for all the questions. I am sure you are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You better go back and read some my previous posts. LOL The rest will be answered soon. Yes, I am very happy! :o)

      Delete
  12. I love this, so charming and just the size I would love to have someday.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.