Friday, March 3, 2023

Journaling For Recipes

 


One of the things I've really enjoyed working on recently has been to take all of my favorite and go-to recipes and make myself a journal.  I grabbed all of my previous recipe books and cards and typed them all up and printed them out.  Then I gave the old books and cards to my daughters.

 



I have cut out and glued them onto pages I cut from scrapbook papers, decorated them with stickers and little die cuts I've made.  I put them in a mini binder with sheet protectors so if I slop something on the pages I can easily wipe them off.  I even made tab dividers and labeled them by category.

 



This is definitely one of those journals I plan to work on until I take my last breath.  I know I'll be adding more recipes and creating more pages as time goes on.  Then once I'm gone my children can fight over who gets it, ha, ha.  In the meantime I will continue to enjoy creating my recipe journal just as much as I enjoy making the recipes I've placed inside.

 

 

10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Now that I am actively downsizing I think this would be a great way for me to eliminate several cookbooks I keep for only a few go to recipes they contain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your “new” cookbook. Very neat, pretty, and organized.
    Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. So pretty, it would make me want to cook more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! So much better than having a ton of cookbooks filled with recipes you might not ever try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Now no hunting for your favorite recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.