Friday, September 18, 2026

God Met Me At Costco

 


The day after accepting the offer on my house and going under contract I found myself at Costco where I was getting a tire pressure sensor replaced on my car.  While waiting I decided to treat myself to a hotdog and soft drink, something I hadn’t done in years.  Still $1.50!  As I sat in the food court preparing to eat my lunch I prayed to God for guidance and thanked him for all that He had blessed me with.  I had a lot of decisions ahead of me to make and I knew that I really needed His help.  This was going to be a big change to my life in a way I hadn’t exactly planned and I always liked to have a plan.  At this moment in time I didn’t have one.

 


The place was crowded, it always is, and a gentleman asked me if he could share my table.  Of course I said yes expecting to sit in awkward silence as we ate our respective lunches, but to my delight he engaged in conversation.  We chatted between bites and he mentioned he had a small farm on the outskirts of southeast Boise with a large garden and some animals.  I asked him what kind of animals and he told me.  I don’t know what made me do it, but I asked him, “Do you have any interest in perhaps adding three new chickens?” to which he replied, “My wife was just saying she wanted to get a few more.”  I told him about my girls and we exchanged numbers so he could talk to his wife and let me know.  That afternoon I received a call from his wife saying she was very interested and I sent her a photo of the hens.

 


The next morning I received a text from the gentleman saying he and his wife had discussed it and they would love to adopt my girls.  I was beyond thrilled.  They came a day later and picked them up and took the time to visit with me before they left.  In the process they shared with me some of their experiences with moving and offered me a lot of encouragement.  It was exactly what I needed to hear that day, every word of it.

 


Later I received a photo of the chickens exploring their new home and they looked so happy and content.  I knew in my heart and soul it was simply meant to be.  I thanked the Lord for placing these wonderful people in my path and for giving me that chance encounter at Costco while I ate a hot dog and waited for a tire pressure sensor to be replaced on my car.  Thank you God, so much, for meeting me at Costco.

 

16 comments:

  1. Great story . I am glad you got to see the girls in their new home. Nice of them to see you pics.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story! Your girls look right at home. God is so good and He can meet us in the most unexpected places and times. Have a blessed weekend.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so incredibly grateful to Him. I am very blessed. Have a great weekend Angela. :)

      Delete
  3. Awww, what a wonderful story! It reminds me that my hope is in the Lord. Thank you for sharing, and I wish you all the best in your new place!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s an amazing story! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is always in the details, when we let Him there. Great story. (Little Penpen)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful story! So glad the girls have a wonderful new home. It must ease your mind greatly to know they will continue to have a good life! God gets much of the credit, but you showed hospitality to a stranger--who was an angel in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a wonderful testimony!! It really does take us slowing down and talking to God and most importantly, paying attention. I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paying attention is one of those things I have needed to work on. I talk to Him a lot, but I don't always receive the message. I'm getting much better at it. :)

      Delete
  8. I’m so glad you shared this. How wonderful you both ended up at that table! While I very much believe you are the kind of person that would always make sure you animals were in good hands, as a chicken momma myself, I was really wondering what became of your chickens. I was sure you must have found them a good home, but this story is just amazing. ❤️

    I also want to tell you that I think you are a most brave person. To do what you have done over the past several weeks takes a lot of guts. Even when you are sure of what you want, it still takes a lot of courage and faith to sell it all and start fresh! All the while I assumed you were off on some fulfilled vacation of your lifetime. 😊 Now that you’re settled, I’m sure there will be some grand memories of that month long adventure, even if it was no vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan. Your words really touched me this morning. My last Costco trip was definitely one for the record books. So amazing. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.