Tuesday, September 1, 2026

I Moved!

 


I don’t think I was prepared for what happened after I sold my motor home and my truck.  The BFF was here for a weeklong visit during the Independence Day holiday and as per our usual we talked a lot.  Often those talks lead us to go down rabbit holes we never planned to go down, but it happens.  Later, a casual conversation on the golf course led to someone talking to someone who knew someone else.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

 


I sold the motor home as well as the truck on a Friday, the BFF went golfing on Saturday and Monday morning while the new truck owner was there to pick it up a couple was also here to look at my house.  By the time I was done signing over the title and handing over the truck keys this couple was ready to make me an offer on my house.  I was stunned.  This wasn’t even on my radar.  To sweeten the pot they offered me no inspection/no repairs (one of the homebuyers just happened to be a home inspector and felt confident), free cleaning plus a junk removal company to come for free to haul off anything I didn’t want at the end with a 30 day closing.  Their offer, more than fair.  I accepted, with a three day right of refusal, despite them telling me they would allow me to back out at anytime.  Later that evening I was sitting in my recliner staring at my BFF in disbelief and saying “I can’t believe this just happened.”  His reply was simple, “If not now, then when?”

 


All of this because of a conversation that began after a second strong summer windstorm busted half of my fence posts on my 180 foot long fence line and left me feeling overwhelmed and a bit dejected.  At the time I was feeling like “I am always fixing the fence” and working on home maintenance projects and I’m really tired of doing it.  Also, my big Sycamore tree was dying and I was looking at $3,000 to $4.000 to have it removed next spring.  Another tree lost.  The exterior of my house was in need of paint and I was about to start getting estimates to have that done this summer.  A new roof in five years, new flooring about then too, it was piling up.  Admittedly, it was not my best day and I was very emotional.

 




My BFF just looked at me and said, “What would make your heart happy right now.”  I said, “I just want a tiny home or cabin in the woods.  Quiet and peaceful.  That’s it.  That’s all I want, but I know I can’t have that here in Idaho.”  His response, “Then go get it.  Go somewhere else and find it.  You have been here long enough and you deserve to have something that gives you joy, not anxiety.”  I knew he was right and I knew I needed to get busy and start working to make it happen.  I really wanted it.

 


What I didn’t know at that time was that I wasn’t going to be alone, in any way, shape or form, in making this transition.  Unbeknownst to me at the time, the BFF had been talking to a golf buddy so he had already set my plan in motion.  The only thing I had to do was agree to it.  Initially, we thought we were just putting out some feelers to see what might be possible, neither one of us expected things to move as quickly as they did.  Or maybe it was just me that thought that.  But truthfully, are we ever really prepared for something wonderful to just happen?

 


It has truly been a bit of a whirlwind, to say the least, but it has also been rather fantastic.  Going forward, I’m not sure how much I am going to share or how quickly I will be sharing.  A lot has happened, so please bear with me.  One thing I will not be sharing is my location simply for security and privacy reasons.  I’m in a very small town and it would be far too risky.  I’m also feeling very protective of my new space and my new life.  With that being said I will tell you, I have found my tiny home/cabin in the woods and I am absolutely thrilled to pieces.  Now I just need to settle in and make it my own.

 


I will be back to blogging now.  I’ve missed it and missed all of you so much so be sure to check back and follow along as I embark on my next “great adventure” in life.  Take care my friends!  I’ll be back very soon.

44 comments:

  1. When things happen like this, so smoothly and quickly, that is always a good sign. I can totally understand wanting something smaller and more manageable. I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you posting. Welcome back!!! You sure have been very busy. I am so happy for you. You have worked very hard and made your dream come true. I think it’s awesome. Janie 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Congratulations!! So many changes! I’m so happy for you and wish you the best in your new home and town. While you were away, I left my marriage of 28 years (although technically he moved out). Since then, I’ve experienced so much healing and joy and relief. Truly a new lease on life. So cheers to all of us going through changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brooke, I'm so happy for you too. Change can be hard, but also very wonderful. I'm glad we are both experiencing joy and relief right now. XX

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!
    Glad to see your post and excited for future posts.

    💜Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you. Here I thought you'd end up in a small condo and who knows what your future will hold. Exciting to get to settle in to new surroundings and new friendships. ( we've had 13 addresses in three states but most were in our first 25 yrs and several were company transfers). Looking forward to reading more as you settle in. Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee. I moved a lot in my 20s, it has been fun feeling that same vibe once again. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh congratulations that is amazing!!! I certainly understand your concern about location but please do share your new adventures without it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well!! You are always surprising!! But congratulations. This seems to be just what you need...and around your birthday, too. You don't have to tell us exactly where you are -- but a general idea (northern Idaho, Timbuktoo, etc.) helps. And a few pictures would be nice, too. Tell us how you're arranging this new life of yours. Is BFF living closer now?
    And good for you. Not everyone has the courage or resourcefulness to do this. You did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Please don't leave off doing your monthly reports -- I go back and read them regularly, including on the Thrifty Mom site.

      Delete
  8. My goodness, dust never settles on you, does it? You're gone for a short while and come back with one enormous life change after another!

    I'm really glad to hear that you're in a little forest home--it seems like it would suit you better than a condo. I wish you the very best settling in and hope you feel comfortable enough eventually to post a few pictures that keep your privacy but let us share in your new life. Hope the pets enjoy their new digs, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to let some dust settle on me, believe me! I'm pooped! LOL

      Delete
  9. How exciting! Ive missed your posts and glad to see you back with such amazing news.
    Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures.
    A big hello from Australia 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations ! And thank you for coming back to blogging, we have missed you whilst you have been away and look forward to hearing about your new adventures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It feels really good to be back with all of you. :)

      Delete
  11. I could not be more thrilled for you! What an exciting new adventure. I can't wait to hear about this fresh season in your life. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so proud of you! Not Bossy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting!! This is so perfect for you! I’m looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful news! I am so excited for you, and so happy you got exactly what you wanted. I love when life throws those GOOD unexpected curveballs! I can't wait to hear more when you are ready to share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! Sometimes when the universe presents an opportunity,, we are too cautious and miss out. Glad you said “yes!” and went on this wild ride. A cabin in the woods is a dream come true! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Jenny. I'm really glad I said yes. Thank you. :o)

      Delete
  16. Glad to see you back. I live in a small town and you are right to not disclose. Good luck with the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, and so glad you are back!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your new little home and location! That is so wonderful! I am so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!, that’s amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WoW!!! Congratulations! And you are very smart to keep your location a secret. I selfishly would love to see photos of your new home but totally understand if you cannot. Looking forward to more blog posts about your "new" life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be sharing more, including some photos of my new digs. Thank you for following along. :)

      Delete
  21. How exciting! We have spent the last week on the farm with the folks we managed the farm for 12 years ago. Busting our butts and enjoying every minute of it, even at 100 plus temps.
    We are definitely reconsidering MIL dictating our lives with no appreciation for us and all we do for her and her property. Maybe a move is in our future as well.
    PattiCin CO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so hard. I'd say if you are considering a move, do it!! I doubt you will regret it. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.