Thursday, September 10, 2026

Moving Into My New House

 


Once I closed and accepted the keys I was all about giving that house a really good clean.  It had sat empty for a short time, the previous owner was a bachelor and the hired cleaners that were supposed to show up before the place was even listed didn’t.  The bedroom carpet needed to be replaced as well, it was dirty and worn out in several places.  The condition of the home made for very good leverage to get this place for the price I wanted to pay.  I made sure to adjust the price accordingly and offer to take care of cleaning, replacing the carpet, as well as a few minor repairs that should’ve also been done.  I offered much less than it was listed for, so it took a bit of persuasion by the realtor, but in the end I won my case.  😉

 

The bathroom was by far the dirtiest room in the house


Even though I’m pretty handy I did have an inspection done to make sure I hadn’t missed anything and thankfully that turned out uneventful.  With that completed I was able to move forward with closing knowing I only had to tackle the things I was initially thinking I would need to.  A little bit of touch up paint, a couple plumbing repairs and a lot of cleaning followed by tearing out the old bedroom carpet and installing something fresh and new.  I also needed to remedy the makeshift laundry situation, which I will go into more in depth later on.

 

I was so grateful I thought to bring rags and
cleaning supplies with me in the car

This carpet had to go!
Dog pee stains near the door made it non-negotiable! 😟

The U-box was delivered about a week after I closed and I was able to empty that out placing my neatly labeled bins and boxes in the rooms where they belonged.  Then slowly and methodically I began to unpack and put my things away.  I’m sure, knowing me, I will still be arranging, rearranging and reorganizing for a while, not to mention finding things to get rid of and wondering how that item made the cut.

 

Much better!

The kitchen got a good scrubbing and some minor repairs

My camp mattress worked out perfectly as my temporary bed until my new one arrived.  Bringing my camp bed and sleeping bag along in the car allowed me the option to check out of the hotel and start sleeping in my new house right away once I was done cleaning.

 

Jack made himself right at home on the camp bed 😆 

Gotta love move-in chaos! 😦

I’ve been going room by room to put my things away and make this place into a home and I can tell you it feels wonderful to be here.  I’ve already met some of my neighbors too.  I am so very happy I made the leap and took it on faith that it would all work out and be just fine.  Honestly, it is better than I ever could’ve imagined.  It is so good to be home!

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.