Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Valentines For My Valentines

 


I am treating this year pretty much as I treat every Valentine's Day, on a very small scale.  I do not purchase over priced greeting cards, candy or exorbitantly priced flowers and I don't want anyone else to do that for me either.  I keep it very simple and very thrifty and I have yet to hear anyone complain.

 


I make my own valentines and send those off in the mail to loved ones far away.  I love to bake so heart shaped sugar cookies decorated with sprinkles is my plan this year and I will share with friends and co-workers.  I like to make my daughters little treat bags so I have something sweet planned for them as well.  All homemade, of course, and a handmade valentine for them as well.

 


I like to make a special meal and this year I will be making prime rib, a baked potato with sour cream and a green salad.  I have two thick slices of prime rib in my freezer left over from New Year's Day and once thawed I'll pan sear them and serve with a little Au Jus on the side.  Most likely I will make a dessert to have too using items I already have in my pantry.  I plan to set a nice table too.

 


It will be lovely and the cost will be minimal.  Far better than a crowded restaurant and an expensive meal, even if I do have to wash dishes afterward.  There are plenty of wonderful ways to make a holiday special without spending a lot of money.  And no one in my life will doubt how much I love and treasure them once all is said and done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.