Friday, July 15, 2022

A Small Home Upgrade - $3!

 


I had already done a refresh of the area of our yard where the hose bib is a couple years ago, however I still wasn't satisfied.  With all of the recent landscaping changes I have made the hose bib area was even more unappealing and unsatisfactory so I decided to redo it once again.  Along with making it more appealing I also wanted it to be more functional.  It has a tendency to collect crap and debris and I was totally over it.

 

My supervisor is on site to make sure I do it right

I added a French drain which was easy as I simply filled in the trench I had already created with my brick edging with gravel.  Then I topped up the entire area with gravel until it was level with the rest of the yard.  It was already looking a ton better!

 

I painted and added this extension to move water further away from the foundation

Then I painted a piece of downspout extension ($2.98) I had picked from Home Depot with black spray paint I had in my garage and added that to my existing downspout in order to move rainwater further away from the house.  I think it turned out great.

 

Neat & tidy

I placed two paver stones on top of the abandoned sprinkler control box so I have a nice flat spot for my watering can.  I then filled it all in with gravel I picked up for FREE from Facebook Marketplace.  Along with an ice cream bucket I keep filled with fresh water for my kitties when they are outside and my potted basil plant my daughter rescued from a restaurant in downtown Boise and brought home to me, I think this looks so much better and will finally function the way I need it to.  No more eyesore and no more muddy mess.

 

It looks much better 😄

I am absolutely thrilled with how this little project turned out.  It just flows as part of the rest of my yard and functions as it should.  What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.