Friday, June 2, 2023

Oh No! What Has Happened To My Pantry?

 


It’s empty!  Did I take my pantry challenge a little too far?

 

I am on a mission to banish dingey ceilings

Nope.  I still have plenty of food.  I just needed to show this pantry some much needed love.  Unlike my hall closet however, I have painted the pantry in the past, but it was close to twenty years ago that I did that.  I was a bit overdue, but again, like the hall closet this just could not be a priority.  Until now.

 

I am not going hungry any time soon


First I had to take out ALL of the food and it covered my counters, my dining room table and part of my entryway floor.  Needless to say my pantry challenge shall continue.

 

Fresh green walls

Then I had to remove the shelving which is heavy, but was still manageable.  With the shelves out I grabbed my putty knife and tub of spackle and filled in a few spots on the walls.  Once that dried we were ready for paint.

 

Bright white ceiling

I gave the ceiling and walls two good coats of paint.  Leftover Sweet Grass green paint on the walls and leftover Pure White paint from my hall closet project on the ceiling.

 

Magic erasures are amazing at removing these marks

Super clean shelves

Once the painting was done I used a magic eraser and scrubbed up the two adjustable sides and all the shelves.  Many years of marks from tin cans and some stains all scrubbed off and made the shelves look bright white and new once again.  Then it was time to reinstall them.

 


Wow! 😎

The pantry looks great.  Such a bright fun color to make my pantry fresh and new again, it was almost a shame to put all the food back and cover it all up.  But, I know how nice it is in there and that’s all that really matters.

 


Everything I used I already had on hand so it was super thrifty and easy to do.  I’m so happy with the final results and the fact that I have one more thing off my “to do” list.  Yay!

 

16 comments:

  1. Again, that green is just wonderful. And how nice to have such a key storage all refreshed and pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting some serious mileage out of that can of green paint. I love it!!!

      Delete
  2. I like it. My pantry could use some sprucing up. When are you available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! Nice and neat. Love that green. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and bright pantry! Looks fantastic! And revamped with supplies you already had on hand to boot. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that green paint.. Great job getting another list crossed off/without spending any extra $$. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.