Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A $7 Desk Makeover

 


This poor old desk is one I've been thinking should've been retired for a good long time, however, other than being scratched up and ugly, it is super sturdy.  And the perfect size for small spaces.  Plus, I really hate sending stuff like this to the landfill.  So I decided to keep it and give it a makeover.

 

Lots of scratches and wear

It's a little rough

After disassembling the top, slide out keyboard tray and bottom shelf I wiped it all down with a damp cloth and it was pretty much ready to paint.  Outside on a tarp I gave each of these pieces a good coat of Rustoleum spray paint in the color Sweet Pea that I purchased at Wal-Mart for $6.48.  Then I gave it another one.

 

1st coat!

Once it was dry all I had to do was put it all back together again and it was ready to go.  It turned out great and is going to be perfect for what I plan to use it for.  And I sure can't beat the price.

 

Much improved!!

Pink!  Oh yeah baby, because I've got plans for this piece of furniture.  But, you're going to have to wait for my next post to find out just exactly what that is.  Sorry peeps.  I promise it will be worth the wait.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Great job repairing/repurposing this desk! I love the FB Buy-Nothing group in my 'hood. I have yet to have to landfill any single item I have posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Everything I've put up on FBBNG so far I've had takers. Pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. Looks great!! Love the pink.
    I had the exact same desk, but mine was in rougher shape.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.